The Nentir Vales
“Bahaha, I remember those days! Glory days of adventurers and heroes. The days when the Lord Warden would come down for a mug of ale at the Blue Moon and laugh and sing songs with us, his friends. But alas. He has much to fret over these days, does he not?” You hear a coarse dwarven voice emanating from the armoury. “Well, you have yourself a fine day, my son. That spear should serve you well, it should.” A young dragonborn exits the shop. He looks at you nervously and moves on quickly.
- Teldorthan is boisterous and will attempt to talk the player’s ear off.
- He will also try and sell them far more than they need.
- Enjoys seeing the youth of the town attempting to make use of themselves.
- Many tips and tricks. Kobolds are shifty buggers and will skitter and slide around you unless you keep your eye on them.
- Knows of the Lord Warden’s need of people willing to take out the kobold raiders from Kobold Hall. (Then goes on to provide his own adventure hook)
- Suggests that the player gather a few more allies before delving into the kobold base. Despite how small and weak they are individually, there will doubtless be many more and the place will be heavily trapped and defended.
- Another man enters the shop and Teldorthan quickly changes tone and whisks the player away to speak with this stranger. He is a fellow dwarf and bears an eyepatch and a traveller’s cloak. He clinks slightly as he walks, the clink of heavy armour and arms.